UPDATES: Bail Set at $5,000 – Please DONATE BAIL MONEY to help a College Student – See Story, Live Twitter, Donate, and More
Overnight Los Angeles Police shut down the OccupyLA encampment in Downtown Los Angeles. The majority of protestors were peaceful and non-violent. Unfortunately, the police decided to arrest over 300 people last night. It is a scary process to be arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department, Homeland Security, and others. They have made it very difficult to find out where our fellow students are being held. Most names have yet to be posted on the public website.
If you need a lawyer to visit a fellow student please contact The Working Peoples Law Center and ask for Art. He is an attorney that will visit your client in jail and explain any of your questions. Call Art at (213) 250-5500
Here are the following facts:
1) 300+ people were arrested for “Failure to Disperse” – A Misdemeanor
2) Bail is currently set for $5,000 – FOR A MISDEMEANOR
3) 12/1/2011 – Arraignment Downtown near Bouche Street – Tomorrow – Across from the County Jail – less than 1 mile from OCLA -
PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY GOING TO THE HEARING or Following the Twitter Feed for the current location for the protest
4) We are trying to get the bail reduced.
5) Donations will be needed to raise bail money.
6) Any Amount to the Occupy Colleges Bail Fund – Fellow Students need your help